“When I started to teach ethics, many years ago now, I felt alone… today we are a community who help and support each other. Together we can make ethics in engineering the core of the way we teach and practice engineering. This is why I would like to invite you to join such a vibrant and inclusive community.” – Raffaella Ocone, Chair of the Engineering Ethics Advisory Group
To join Ethics Ambassadors, please fill out this Membership request form.
To be added to the LinkedIn group, first fill out the membership request form and then send us a request via the group link.
To vote, click here.
The Ethics Ambassadors community was created in March 2023, to expand and develop the work and recommendations of the Engineering Ethics Advisory Group, on their completion of Phase 2 of the Engineering Ethics Toolkit.
We are currently in the process of gathering members and assigning roles.
The goal is for Ethics Ambassadors to evolve into a self-managed community of volunteers that will:
- Develop a scheme for recognition and reward for use of Toolkit materials;
- Promote the use of the Ethics Toolkit, through media channels and/or workshops;
- Continue seeking financial support for the Toolkit and its promotion.
The aims of the community are:
- to champion the teaching of ethics within engineering courses and modules;
- to support educators integrating ethics teaching within engineering courses and modules;
- to share best practice in engineering ethics teaching;
- to identify and address needs within engineering ethics teaching;
- to source, review, develop and publish new materials for the Engineering Ethics Toolkit.