The Engineering Ethics Toolkit is produced by the Engineering Professors’ Council with support from the Royal Academy of Engineering as part of the profession’s on-going work to embed ethical practice into the culture of engineering. Click here for the toolkit homepage
The Ethics Advisory Group worked on Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Engineering Ethics Toolkit.
A list of the Engineering Ethics Advisory Group members can be found below.
The Group was chaired by Prof. Raffaella Ocone and the project managed by Prof. Sarah Jayne Hitt with the support of the Engineering Professors’ Council and the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Prof Chike F. Oduoza (University of Wolverhampton)
- Prof Dawn Bonfield MBE (Aston University)
- Dr Sarah Junaid (Aston University)
- Prof Thomas Lennerfors (Uppsala University)
- Dr Nik Whitehead (University of Wales Trinity Saint David)
- Prof Mike Sutcliffe (Engineering Professors’ Council),
- Prof Mike Bramhall (TEDI-London)
- Claire Donovan (RAEng)
- Steven Kerry (Rolls Royce)
- Dr Darian Meacham (Maastricht University)
- Emma Crichton (Engineers Without Borders UK)
- Dr Matt Studley (University of the West of England, Bristol)
- Johnny Rich (Engineering Professors’ Council)
See our blog ‘Welcome to the Engineering Ethics Toolkit‘ for an introduction and thoughts from the EPC’s President.
The Ethics Advisory Group met between March and December 2022, as a full group and sub-groups.
You can see details of their meetings below.
- Full Advisory Group Meeting – March 2022
- Full Advisory Group Meeting – June 2022
- Full Advisory Group Meeting – September 2022
- Curriculum Map Sub-group Meeting – November 2022
- Full Advisory Group Meeting – December 2022
The Ethics Advisory Group disbanded in December 2022.
The Ethics Ambassadors community was launched in March 2023 to expand and develop their work and recommendations.