Engineering Ethics: Launching new toolkit contentOnline event free
Launched in 2022 with support from the Royal Academy of Engineering, the EPC’s Engineering Ethics Toolkit provides educators with a range of resources that can help them more effectively integrate ethics into their engineering modules.
Now, the Toolkit has been expanded to include:
- Enhancements to the original set of case studies which provide discussion prompts, activity guides, and lesson plans;
- Additional guidance articles on topics such as an introduction to engineering ethics, EDI in engineering, and how to tackle tough topics in class discussions;
- 13 new case studies focused on a wide range of professional and engineering situations;
- An Engineering Ethics Explorer that showcases ways to integrate ethics in modules, programmes, and curricula, including incorporation of learning outcomes and alignment to graduate attributes and AHEP.
Besides getting an introduction to these resources, you will hear from colleagues who have contributed some of these new resources and used some of them in the classroom.
This event is ideal for anyone involved in integrating ethics into engineering education.
- Prof Raffaella Ocone, (Heriot-Watt University)
- Prof Sarah Jayne Hitt (NMITE, Edinburgh Napier University)
- Dr Ahmet Omurtag (Nottingham Trent University)
- Dr Nicola Whitehead (University of Wales Trinity Saint David)
[Please note: we are aware of an issue with the ICS file for this event, and are working to fix it. We apologise for any inconvenience. The event will start at 10am and end at 11.30am.]
The event will be held on Zoom and you will be able to join up to five minutes before the scheduled start time.
Please register for the event (below) to enable us to plan effectively for numbers attending. Once you have successfully registered, you will be returned to the homepage and will receive an email confirmation.