Engineering Ethics: Launching new toolkit contentOnline event free
Launched in 2022 with support from the Royal Academy of Engineering, the EPC’s Engineering Ethics Toolkit provides educators with a range of resources that can help them more effectively integrate ethics into their engineering modules.
Now, the Toolkit has been expanded to include:
- Enhancements to the original set of case studies which provide discussion prompts, activity guides, and lesson plans;
- Additional guidance articles on topics such as an introduction to engineering ethics, EDI in engineering, and how to tackle tough topics in class discussions;
- 13 new case studies focused on a wide range of professional and engineering situations;
- An Engineering Ethics Explorer that showcases ways to integrate ethics in modules, programmes, and curricula, including incorporation of learning outcomes and alignment to graduate attributes and AHEP.
Besides getting an introduction to these resources, you will hear from colleagues who have contributed some of these new resources and used some of them in the classroom.
This event is ideal for anyone involved in integrating ethics into engineering education.
- Prof Raffaella Ocone, (Heriot-Watt University)
- Prof Sarah Jayne Hitt (NMITE, Edinburgh Napier University)
- Dr Ahmet Omurtag (Nottingham Trent University)
- Dr Nicola Whitehead (University of Wales Trinity Saint David)
If you are registering on the 30th or 31st March, please use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dg7O0nJXSOirEmceXr3Z2g
You will receive a Zoom invitation link to join this event shortly after registering. Please ensure you check your junk/spam mail if you can’t locate the email in your inbox.
The event will be held on Zoom and you will be able to join up to five minutes before the scheduled start time.
Please note: If you are a speaker or panellist you must join via the link in your personal Zoom invitation.