This year SEFI’s flagship annual conference will be held between 17th to 21st September at the Technical University of Denmark (Copenhagen/Lyngby) and will coincide with the 45th Anniversary of our organisation.
• Our 2018 conference theme is Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Engineering Education Excellence. Development of creative, innovative and entrepreneurial competencies is a goal for engineering education. However, it is also a powerful means to improve engineering education itself. Programmes and courses where students work with real life challenges create a strong framework for the students’ acquisition of core disciplinary knowledge, integrated with the learning of personal, interpersonal, professional and innovative skills. We will be exploring this theme through keynote sessions, and our conference tracks. Please have a look at the conference website. Deadlines: 19 March for conference abstracts, 30 April 2018 for full conference papers, and 21 May 2018 for workshops and round tables.
• If your institution is a member of SEFI, then we encourage you to ask your institution to submit an entry for The SEFI Francesco Maffioli Award of Excellence for Developing Teaching and Learning in Engineering Education. By requesting that nominations come from the appropriate academic management, we would like to encourage recognition of the excellence in developing teaching and learning in engineering education. This teaching excellence award is intended to highlight and celebrate the preparatory work done by educators that enables sustained learning to happen – day after day, year after year – work which is often used by other teachers also. Please look at our website Deadline: 1 April 2018.
• SEFI Working Groups are the key mechanism by which our members engage with their peers. This year in Copenhagen we have expanded our conference tracks to provide attractive workshops for each of our Working Groups, which will make it easy and interesting to network and connect to like-minded colleagues.
• We will hold the Second Doctoral Symposium in Engineering Education on the 17th September 2018. We invite doctoral students in Engineering Education and their supervisors to explore and develop research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of senior scholars within Engineering Education Research (EER). Please have a look at the conference website. Deadline: 20 April 2018.
All relevant dates and information including the provisional programme are on the conference site (www.sefi2018.eu).
The 9th edition of the SEFI/CESAER European Convention for Engineering Deans, Directors and Departments Heads – A University Dialogue will be hosted and organised by the Technical University of Munich (TUM) on 3-4 April 2017.
The final programme is now available.
“Engineering Education on Top of the World: Industry University Cooperation”
Organised by the Tampere University of Technology – 12-15 September 2016, Tampere, Finland.
Subthemes include but are not limited to:
• University-Business cooperation
• Engineering Skills
• Sustainability and Engineering Education
• Quality Assurance and Accreditation
• Continuing Engineering Education and Lifelong Learning
• Open and Online Engineering Education
• Ethics in Engineering Education
• Curriculum Development
• Attractiveness of Engineering Education
• Physics and Engineering Education
• Engineering Education Research
• Gender and Diversity
- 13 March 2016: Submission of extended abstracts
- 24 April 2016: Notification of acceptance
- 15 May 2016: Submission of full papers
- 10 June 2016: Notification of final acceptance
- 30 June 2016: Early bird registration
Schools of Engineering at the Forefront of Meeting Development Challenges
Discussing the future of Engineering Education in the original agora of our technological and democratic roots. ECED is an annual event that brings together Deans of Engineering* on current issues in engineering research and education. – A Dean is a person in charge of an engineering college, school, faculty, institution of higher education also focused on engineering or a deans’ council/organization.
ECED is organised jointly by NTUA, CESAER and SEFI, under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, and the Greek Ministry of Culture, and is hosted by the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in the Acropolis Museum of Athens.
The SEFI annual Conference 2014 (“Educating Engineers for Global Competitiveness”) will take place at the University of Birmingham between 15th and 19th September and will incorporate the Biennial EE Conference.
For more details, see Conference Flyer.