EAN Congress 23: New models in assessment
Steve Bullock 6 months ago / 7287 views
Change has long been overdue in many of our models of assessment, but then along came ChatGPT and the need for an overhaul has become critical. Our expert panel outlined the challenges and opportunities surrounding assessment:
- Are exams still a viable approach?
- How can we better assess teams?
- Is there a role for peer assessment?
- For orals and vivas?
- For project work?
- What difference will AI make? Through learner analytics might it usher in a new age of fairer more sophisticated assessment?
- What can we learn from assessment in other disciplines like Medicine?