Recruitment and Admissions Forum 2021 webinar seriesfree
The EPC is delighted to announce the annual Recruitment & Admissions Forum, a web series again this year, with the theme ‘Doing it differently’. Building on our popular webcasts over the last 18 months, we are offering you three distinct online events – totally free to members – during November and December. As always, our line-up of speakers is second to none.
The Forum is aimed at all staff involved in recruitment and admissions in any engineering discipline – from early career staff through lecturers and researchers to department heads, deans of faculties, PVCs and VCs – anyone with an interest in recruitment and admissions who wishes to stay on top of the unprecedented changes and to develop their strategy and practice.
EPC RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS FORUM WEB SERIES: Doing it differently – Getting in: Entrance requirements, 24th November 2021
We open our Recruitment & Admissions Forum with a deep dive into widening access, increasing diversity and the role of admissions.
How are different types of provider challenging established practice? What is the place and power of entry requirements? How can we do it differently?
To explore these themes and look for innovative solutions, we will float a series of provocative blue-sky ideas and invite our panel of experts – and our audience – to explore what we could do differently. Do we need entry requirements? Is Maths A level important? Should we be more radical with contextual offers and other levers for diverse student recruitment? The confirmed panel experts include:
- Prof Judy Raper, Dean and CEO of TEDI-London
- Elena Liquete, Head of Professional Development, Recruitment & Student Experience at The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Liz Jones, Vice-Dean Elect – Education, CEGE Director of Studies, Associate Professor (Teaching), UCL Engineering Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
Introduced by Prof Georgina Harris, who will provide our provocative debate topics.
EPC RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS FORUM WEB SERIES: Doing it differently – Getting out there: International students and postgrads, 1 December 2021
Continuing our Recruitment & Admissions Forum Doing it Differently theme, we’ll be looking at innovative practice in recruiting international and PGT students.
We are honoured to be joined by Vivienne Stern, Director of Universities UK International, to present an overview of what can be done differently in the competitive landscape to attract international postgraduate students in the light of Brexit and the Covid pandemic.
This will be followed by a Q&A with Vivienne and a panel discussion to explore different perspectives between providers and over time. The confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Adam Clare, Director of Admissions for Engineering, The University of Nottingham
- Mohamed Elmaghbi, previous Director of Admissions for Engineering, The University of Nottingham
- Bobby Mehta, BUILA Chair, Lead DfE,OfS, UUKi and Director of UoP Global, University of Portsmouth
- Mike Nicholson, Director of Recruitment, Admissions and Participation at the University of Cambridge
- Prof Simon Pollard OBE, Pro Vice Chancellor International & Recruitment, Cranfield University
EPC RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS FORUM WEB SERIES: Doing it differently – Getting on: Lifelong Learning, 8 December 2021
The third in our 2021 Recruitment & Admissions Forum Series with a deep dive into lifelong learning. How can we realise a vision for lifelong learning? What can we do differently to maximise the impact of policy change?
Introduced by Martin Eason, University of Wolverhampton, who will outline provocative ideas about what we could do differently to promote lifelong learning for discussion by our lively panel of experts and our audience. The confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Gareth Neighbour, Head of School – Engineering & Innovation, The Open University
- Prof Bev Gibbs, Chief Academic Officer, New Model Institute for Technology and Engineering (NMITE)
- Andy Forbes, Principal and Chief Executive, City of Bristol College
- Jessica Leigh Jones MBE, Co-Founder and CEO, iungo Solutions
We close the series with the launch of the EPC Engineering Enrolments Survey results, including the opportunity for questions.