Engineering engineering: A provocationfree
A provocative exploration of the challenges facing UK engineering education, exploring radical solutions.
In particular, this event will examine four themes from the paper:
- The role of outreach in promoting engineering
- How we might attract more women into engineering
- The public perception of engineering
- The disctinction between design engineering and engineering science
To explore these ideas and look for other solutions, we have a panel of experts, chaired by Prof Colin Turner, EPC President:
- Prof Kel Fidler, Author, Engineering engineering: a provocation
- Elizabeth Donnelly, Chief Executive, Women’s Engineering Society
- Hilary Leevers, Chief Executive, Engineering UK
- Tom Sheldon, Senior Press Manager, The Science Media Centre
- Prof Mike Sutcliffe, Deputy Dean, TEDI-London, and EPC President-Elect
Prof Fidler’s paper Engineering engineering: a provocation is available to download here.
This event will be followed by the EPC Annual General Meeting.