We seek to:
- Increase the visibility of engineering in UK higher education institutions (HEIs), their contribution to UK Plc and the resources they need to do so in collaboration with appropriate organizations (e.g. professional bodies, RAEng, QAA, Universities UK, Government, funding councils, industry, university management teams), networking and influencing at the highest levels.
- Help create the leaders of the future in engineering
- Promote good practice in the recruitment, retention and development of academic and research staff.
- Promote the study of engineering as a profession.
We do this by:
1. Facilitating an influential and self-sustaining membership network representing the full range of UK engineering higher education which :
- ensures that our members have access to information and resources that help them to do their jobs, enhance their career development and leadership potential.
- ensures our members are the “go to” place for advising the influencers on the future development of engineering in higher education.
2. Helping member institutions to excel in research by:
- providing information relevant to the needs of members.
- informing and influencing the Research Excellence Framework (REF) process and its successors on engineering matters.
- enhancing the flow of qualified research workers into engineering in higher education.
3. Enabling member institutions to excel in learning, teaching and assessment (LT&A) by:
- sharing best practice in quality assurance.
- identifying and promulgating LT&A best practice in the UK and internationally, including student learning, and to promote good novel methods for LT&A.
- advising Government, schools and other stakeholders on educational needs, qualifications and skills required for entry into engineering higher education.
- influencing professional bodies’ accreditation processes through partnership and collaboration.